Travel Tips with a Side of LOVE for Santa Fe + New Mexico
This week kicked off a new season of reinvention, and peeling back a few layers of the onion that is me.
When I reintroduced myself over on social media. I also said that I'd be shaking + mixing + spicing things up around as we head into the holiday season, which will include bespoke cocktails, new food recipes and ART….plus a creative planner coming soon…
And for you! my podcast listener, some fun + inspiring guests are on the books as well.
Which lead's me to today's new episode which I'm calling a monster (because you know Halloween is coming) mash-up of several topics from what it's like to travel during this time, tips to make your travel smoother, combined with thoughts I don't usually share and last but not least, my recommendations for two of my new favorite spots, Santa Fe + Taos New Mexico.
New Mexico Favorites for you!
- La Boca - ahhhh the food in Santa Fe is SO delicious. This was my favorite place we ate at, and it was hard to choose. Also after I recorded the podcast I remembered our wonderful waiter's name - Mario! ask for him when you go and don't forget to have the Blood Orange Sangria with your Tapas.
- Keshi - the CUTEST, cuteness you've ever seen. A store filled with fetishes, small animal carvings made from various materials by the Zuni tribe. This is truly one of the most delightful shops I've ever been in. The website gives you a mere glimpse into what's inside the shop. A visit in person is in order to find the one (or more) creature that calls to you the most. They invite you to hold them as well. I chose mine within 10 minutes, the tiny bear featured in the podcast photo below. Let's just say my inner child who used to collect miniatures was in HEAVEN.
- Raven Aesthetic - The reason we went to New Mexico 💖 An invitation to visit over many years + their overflowing passion for the place they still call home ~ our loveliest New Mexico tour guides and my almost sisters in-law (who lived in Galisteo NM for 8 years) have a BEAUTIFUL, carefully curated online shop filled with Art and Antiques for Modern Living. I also encourage you to sign up for their “Don't Buy this Mailing List” 😊 where they share their newest shop update favorites (that they secretly, not so secretly want to keep). They added some new pieces just this week and I'm eyeing a few things…
- Meow Wolf - want an EXTRAORDINARY creative experience? have you heard of this exhibition? a bowling alley bought by George R.R. Martin (creator of Game of Thrones) transformed by 200 “off the grid” Santa Fe artists. Words can't even begin to describe the 2 hours we spent going through fridges and climbing tree houses and playing music on fluorescent pink Mastadon elephant bones. There's also a documentary about the entire building of this amazing installation, haven't seen it yet! but it looks good.
- Manzanita Market - EVERYTHING is delicious and it's a beautiful little cafe filled with treasures by local Artists and Makers
- New Favorite Coffee Cup I found at the Manzanita Market by Hien Luu (I couldn't find her website or an online presence anywhere :( but she makes classic, beautiful white and black hand sculpted latte cups. If you want to learn more reach out to the Manzanita Market)
- Cid's Food Market - local food market in Taos
- Jambo Cafe African Caribbean Fusion in Santa Fe DELICIOUS!
- The Cellar Taos - lovely local fine wine, beer + spirits
- Ten by 3 - I bought a handmade basket made by Derick, an Artist in Ghana, at Cid's Food Market. I adore this basket and the wonderful mission of this non profit supporting + helping Artisans break the cycle of poverty.
- Blair Stocker dear friend and talented Quilter + Stitcher + Founder of Wisecraft Handmade
Leave a comment